CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 26, 2008

Mothers Day Weekend



I know that Mothers Day has come and gone a couple of weeks ago, but I had such a great experience that weekend I just couldn't let it go without mentioning it.




Most every year for the past 4 years my mom and sisters and I do the Susan G. Koman race for the cure, and while there is not much racing going on, we do do the 3 mile walk. And every year I can't believe what an emotional , almost spiritual experience it is. Well this year was no exception, as far as the emotions go, but maybe a new depth was added. Daisy was finally old enough to go with me and what a little trooper she was. 3 miles in of course her flip flops!! I don't think she would have done it any other way. It was great to have her there with me, my mom, and sisters. She is definitely sassy enough to keep up with everyone, not with just the walk but also with all of the banter that goes on too.




Todds mom, Valorie came with us this year, it was great to have her there too, not just because she is a great sport in doing this stuff with us, but she is also a 2 year survivor, and that is where the emotion comes into play. Looking at the ENORMOUS sea of people you can't help but get a big lump in your throat.




At the end of the race they had all of the survivors stand on the steps by the fountain at the Gateway so they could be recognized. Well Valorie, who hates to be put in the spotlight took Daisy with her. So for me being in the crowd of onlookers seeing my daughter with my mother-in-law, a survivor, on a beautiful Spring morning, thinking that this will affect Daisy for the rest of her life one way or another, I can't help but pray for a cure!

1 comments:

The Boys Rule said...

Very cool Raech. Since I won't be gigantically pregnant next year, count me in. Maybe I can get my mom to join in too. Way to go ladies!!
Lori