WOW!!! How did this happen??? June is gone!!! July gone!!!And now we are into August with less than 3 weeks until school starts, and we have to go back to someone elses schedule!!! I am just not one of those moms who does the summer count down and can't wait for the kids to be back in school!!! I love to have them home with me! I know, I know they need the socialization and all of the other stuff that goes along with it! and lets face it I am no where close enough to being organized to teach them at home !!! Not that I could after the 3rd or 4th grade grade anyway. I do really miss them when they are gone though! SAD!!! Well enough whining.

So as I said the summer is quickly winding down, I haven't posted a blog since the first part of June, I have a lot to catch up on. I am not sure of the best way to go about this, not only are we busy as a family, but we have so much going on individually too. So I guess I will start with the family stuff, and then sum up with what everyone has been up to. It will be sort of be like one of those Christmas letters that people mass produce. But hey I am not exactly sure of the best way to get it all in so bare with me, sorry.
It was such a treat to not have to go to school even one day in June, it sort of felt like we got a longer summer. But it was a little bit of hell for my kids to have to wait until June 20th, we were able to go to Disneyland again with them!! The last time we went they were 3 and 4 and it was a very tiring trip both for parents and for the kids, but this year I must say we had so much fun!!
I can actually say that I love Disneyland and I cant wait until we can take them back again!!! Everything was so magical! they couldn't decide what to look at, what ride to go on
and which character to try and find,
and even though we were there during a major h
eat wave (105 the first couple of days) I think it may have deterred a few people because it wasn't nearly as crowded as it was 3 years ago. I don't know maybe the gas prices. The damn gas prices! So actually it was quite fun, I may even be able to see why some people would say it is the Happiest Place on Earth!





So as I said the summer is quickly winding down, I haven't posted a blog since the first part of June, I have a lot to catch up on. I am not sure of the best way to go about this, not only are we busy as a family, but we have so much going on individually too. So I guess I will start with the family stuff, and then sum up with what everyone has been up to. It will be sort of be like one of those Christmas letters that people mass produce. But hey I am not exactly sure of the best way to get it all in so bare with me, sorry.

It was such a treat to not have to go to school even one day in June, it sort of felt like we got a longer summer. But it was a little bit of hell for my kids to have to wait until June 20th, we were able to go to Disneyland again with them!! The last time we went they were 3 and 4 and it was a very tiring trip both for parents and for the kids, but this year I must say we had so much fun!!
Cullen is having a great summer!!! He loves being able to be outside, doing things in his own time, not having to put gel in his hair everyday, and wearing "soft" clothes.
I think if Culleyman could play with Drake and ride bike everyday he would be a very content kid.
Plus in April Culley finally got his boy puppy, that he says he has always wanted, but actually he is quite a funny little dog, his name is Fletcher,
he is a Jack Russell, Chihuahua mix so we call him either a jackauaua or a chihawack, he has no idea that he is a little dog and he loves to play with the kids!
Cullen did swimming lessons again this year. The 5th summer in a row. He is getting to be quite the little swimmer! The look of complete contentment on that little mans face is amazing.
I keep talking to his pediatrician and asking her if there is anyway to get the insurance to pay for a therapy pool! Ha Ha! I need that kind of therapy. I think one more year and we will try and put him on the swim team. He is doing amazing!
I am not sure how much anyone is aware that Cullens ultimate goal in life is to be a cowboy, have a horse and a red barn.
Every penny he earns or finds he saves in hopes that one day he can buy a horse. That is truly his biggest dream. Well Todd and I decided that right now is not the time for us to have a horse, but since we do live sort of in the country, and there are many people around us that have horses we should be able to find someone to give this future cowboy a riding lesson, at least let him sit on one every once in a while and feed it some hay. Well we found that wonderful person. Her name is Karen, she lives up the rode from us about 2 miles, and she is Cowboy Cullens new best friend.
(Well after her horse Charm that is.) So even though Cullen hasn't completely fulfilled his wish of owning a horse yet. He at least gets to be a Cowboy 2 to 3 times a week. (And the Horse barn is even Red!) 
Little Miss Daisy is my kind of girl when it comes to summer, stay up late and sleep in!! She would sleep half of the day away if I would let her.
She
also would live in her swimsuit!! Before she even makes it down the stairs in the morning she has already put on her suit for the day. And believe me it is not just any suit, it has to be a different one everyday!!! In the summer swimming suits are much more important to her than underwear!!
Daisy also did swimming lessons again this summer, and e
ven though she has taken as many years as Cullen has, she has always been a little less daring. Well that has changed this summer she is amazing!! She looks like a natural in the water!
I'm not sure if it is because of all of the dance and tumbling that she has taken, but to watch her she seems to find a rhythm and hangs on all the way across the pool! It is fun to watch.
Daisy is my play baby, if there ever is down time where we aren't going a million miles a minute, and it is just our family at home, her question is "Mom who can I play with?"
She is always so very busy, and doesn't like to sit still for very long! 


She starts 1st grade this year and every time I think about it I get a big lump in my throat. I am not looking forward to having my little shadow gone.

Oh Todd where do I begin???
He is a very busy man!!! He is getting quite busy with work! He has even started going to Idaho once or twice a week to do cases for a Dr. in Twin Falls. He started back to school full time last November, to get his bachelors degree in hospital administration and is doing quite well! With everything he has going on he has managed to be and stay on the honor roll. We are looking forward to him being finished sometime next spring!
Well things were going quite well for Todd, he finally got rid of his duramax that was giving him a lot of grief, and got what I hope to be his dream truck, work is going in the proper direction, he has a great business partner, grades are good at school everything. Well on the 24th of July weekend we decided to finally get our trailer out and go camping with some really good friends. we had planned the trip weeks earlier. so 2 days earlier Todd got the trailer brought it to our house did a bunch of maintenance, we got a new Zip in room to add to the tailgate, packed up all of our stuff, it took hours, remember this was our 1st trip of the season, because of everything going on, finally we were on the rode. Found one of our favorite campsites, it was good and then... something happened when Todd and our friend were unhooking the trailer, it came off of the hitch wrong, Todd twisted wrong, and he ended up breaking his left foot in 6 places, and not just some sissy break either, it is call a Liz Frank fracture and that means the tendons had separate away from the bone and he needed surgery to put him back together.
So as far as camping and motorcycling are concerned it is done for the year. So all of that time he spent getting us ready was for a 12 hour camping trip.
I must say summer is my favorite time of year, those that know me well should not be surprised by this. I love having the time to do what I want to do, and not have to live by anyone elses schedule. I love having my kids home and spending the time together as a family!!!
I have seen an add recently, I think it is an add for a boat, not sure which one, but it says something like "We have 18 summers with our kids, how many do you have left?" Now I would like to think that I have many more than that, but I also would hope that my kids have good memories of their childhood summers!!!
3 comments:
Ok, I'm responding... don't be such a crab! I've been looking at your blog too, I just haven't made a comment. I was looking at it the other day and noticed you hadn't posted anything for awhile. Then lo and behold....the mother ship of all posts appeared on your blog!! I must say that I can't believe how big your kids are, they're so dang cute too. Of course thats all because of the Jefferies genetics. Sorry about Todd's (Tim?) break, that really sucks! I miss you and want to see you. We need to plan a family reunion don't you think? E-mail me... kimmisuet@gmail.com.
Love you, Cousin Kim
Hey Nice to see your blog & get some pictures of your family! Looks like a pretty busy summer. Hope fall is as eventful (minus Todd's broken foot of course) - Morgan
Well that only took a few hours to read. I love all the cute pics. We need to go mini golfing with the kids again, that was a lot of fun! Tell the kiddies hi from Auntie Amy!
Post a Comment