Well it's official, maybe not on the calender, but summer is over!!! The kids are back in school. One whole week to be exact. WOW!!! I must say it is very strange to have both kids in the classroom all day.
Daisy loves it! She is so glad that she is finally one of the big shots. She loves her teacher, I think she feels like she already knows her.
Daisy has Mrs. Beeson, Cullen's teacher from last year, she is wonderful! I love it she is so excited to come home and give me a full report of the things that happened in her day, everything from who she played with , what the teacher said, to what she ate for lunch. Much different from Cullen. He never wants to bother with the details of school. He comes home and is ready to move on with the next projec
t. He also has a great teacher, Mrs. Cella. This is her last year, so she has been teaching for quite a while, she is like a cute little grandma, so Cullen relates to her very well. Even though some days he wants to go back to Mrs. Beeson's class. (He hates change.)
It certainly makes for a very long day for me so far, I know that will change when the year really gets started. I get to be the room mother for Daisy's class again, and I get to help quite a few days in Cullen's class. Plus I am doing 3 bulletin boards so far this year.
I have a lot of friends say, "Why don't you enjoy your quiet time at home, why spend so much time at school?" I guess that my answer to that would be 1st of all, I have 2 kids, I have never wanted to be anything else but a mom, so where else should I be. And 2nd Cullen requires a bit of extra time from his teachers, and I feel if they see me there putting time in then they are going to be more willing to give him the extra help he needs. Usually that works!!
Even though I am sad to see the summer go, we are looking forward to a great school year.
0 comments:
Post a Comment