CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, September 22, 2008

Goin Fishin

So with our dad being broken we have had to be somewhat creative with our activities. I mean lets be honest there are only so many kids movies, and it gets pretty boring renting, plus we are suffering from cabin fever oh so bad!

So the other day on the way to the dump with the neighbors( everything requires help these days) we took the new Legacy Highway, there are a lot of things west of us that we didn't really know were there, we saw a little fishing lake. I guess it has been there a while ,but like I said didn't know it existed until the Legacy went in. Anyway we noticed that it had paved paths, handicapped parking and ramps to get up onto the docks.
We thought that would be a new and fun activity to take the kids to do, and Todd could go with us. So off to Dick's sporting goods we went got the kids a couple of fishing poles, Todd and I a fishing license and we were set.

We loaded up the fishing gear, Todds grandpas old tackle box, and a few snacks. ready to catch a fish or two. Well, the little lake has potential, and I'm not sure if we just caught it on a bad day but, lets just say it needs a bit of a clean up crew. But, I had my hand sanitizer I was just going to look the other way, so I did, and the other way was worse, nothing like a dead raccoon floating in the water. Dock much cleaner!!!!!!!!


We had a good time though, especially after we moved to the dock . Daisy caught a fish, almost had it all the way reeled in and it got away with her power bait. Cullen loved it and by the time we were leaving he was doing a pretty good job casting without almost hooking us in the forehead.








We will definitely do this again, hey we will probably even try Bountiful Pond again,(mainly because it is close) but it was a great way to kill an evening, and get us out of the house for a while!!!

1 comments:

Marci Jefferies said...

Looks like fun. You know the old saying, a bad day fishing is better than a good day working (or watching kids movies inside). How much longer does cripple have anyway?!