CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oi!!! THE LEAVES!!!

Happy Fall everyone!!!!!!







I must say I have a huge conflict when it comes to the big trees at our house.



Pros: They are absolutely beautiful

They are so amazingly majestic (weird adjectives I know, but truly our trees so incredibly
large. I seem to really notice it more when I am at the neighbors or the church next door.)


The fact that during the summer, unless it is crazy hot, the air conditioning rarely kicks
on on the main floor. Thus saving us a ton of money!


The wildlife! When we 1st moved in 3 years ago we had a pair of Falcons that for 2 springs

raised babies. We also have 2 different kinds of owls, and a ton of birds.

The big swing in the huge willow in the backyard. My kids love it, and so do the adults!


The leaves, I love the way the leaves look in the yard. It just makes it feel so cozy, time
for sweaters and yummy carmel apple ciders, plus they make cute and easy fall
decorations, (give me a leaf and a color photocopier). Not to mention the kids jumping in
the leaves.



Cons: The bugs, we are constantly getting our yard and house sprayed because of all of the
bugs and spiders that live in our trees.

The birds, you pretty much sit on the back porch on a dare.

The leaves, all of the clean up,


Obviously the pros far outweigh the cons, as they should, our trees are so very beautiful! But I must say I am over how lovely they are, especially since this is the 3rd weekend in a row I have spent many hours raking, mowing, and bagging leaves!!! Especially because this year it is up to me!

Last weekend in the middle of the clean up, our fabulous neighbors came over and helped me for about 4 hours. I wanted to cry! I was way tired of the leaves at this point, so it was a huge relief to have them, plus it made it alot more fun!! (for me at least)


This weekend wasn't as bad and I see an end in sight, at least in the front yard......




2 comments:

Amy said...

Your blog is very cute! I also have a love hate relationship with the leaves. The only thing that makes raking bearable is knowing I am getting a killer workout.My arms are incredibly sore, but my front yard looks awesome.
Amy

The Boys Rule said...

Ok Raech, I've been looking at your leaves for months now, it's time for an update! Could you get on that please?